Pottery kiln interest in repairing and possibility of electrical connection

Any updates? 20 characters

none. I put in about 100$ on the controller and wiring. no word on the space spending money for elements. But for what they need to spend they might be able to find a better used one thatā€™s already working.

Iā€™m interested! I assume Elizabeth Lakes can provide guidance on kiln refurb or replacement recommendations, This seems to have a lot of community interest, so I am interested in hearing Elizabethā€™s thoughts.

1 Like

Can we get a list of things needed, obstacles to overcome, and how we can get the kiln up and running?
Also, current objections, and cognitive roadblocks to getting this done? So that everything is out in the open.

1 Like

Can we get a list of things needed, obstacles to overcome, and how we can get the kiln up and running?
Also, current objections, and cognitive roadblocks to getting this done? So that everything is out in the open.

@brian.adams @cafwood @RealCarlRaymond
@jody @egillespie @zimmer62

1 Like

Did anyone call Evenheat directly? In '21, I purchased an old, tabletop Evenheat glass kiln (thereā€™s typically a date of when it was made on the kiln) that ended up needing a new pyrometer. They were super helpful & easy to work with + reasonably priced & shipped it out straight away. Theyā€™re also a Michigan based company. I wonder if they have happen to have something in place for nonprofit creative communities to help lower the cost of the needed the elements? It wouldnā€™t hurt to ask.

The kiln needs so many things it is not worth fixing, all of the fire brick is covered in glaze that has eaten pretty far into it and if Iā€™m remembering right either the top or bottom is broken. For the hundreds and hundreds of dollars of repairs a much better used one could be purchased. The broken kiln might be able to be turned into a propane raku kiln but it might have too much firebrick damage for that as well

I would like to revisit the pottery issue. I also have a small kiln that needs repair. Though Iā€™m currently considering purchasing a new one. I also have a cheap small wheel and a kick wheel with a motor modification added that could be of use. I also have an older Shimpo wheel. Iā€™ve now worked in 2 studio settings and might have some insight in how a space could be set up. Certain rules and such. Are current members still interested?

2 Likes