Planer is broken

ISSUE or REQUEST:

Affected Tool or Resource:
Planer

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please tag using the @ symbol. Start by typing @TEAM_ to find most responsible teams): [@TEAM_Woodshop

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):
[The plastic hood that connects the shop vac to the planer broke again. It looked like a break right next to the hex nut that holds it in place

Please remember that VOLUNTEERS will be helping to resolve this issue. While everyone works very hard to fix things quickly, sometimes things take time. Please consider volunteering to help keep everything working well at our space!

I have fixed this with epoxy and fiberglass reinforcement. I also put some labels on there reminding people to be gentle with the hose attachments since that area of the tool is slightly fragile.

1 Like

Two things: First, thanks for this fix, which should be much stronger than just glue. And second, what are you suggesting we should be? People usually tell me to stop being that.

Damn you autocorrect

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.