Not Importing G-Code

ISSUE or REQUEST:

Affected Tool or Resource: 3-D Printer

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please tag using the @ symbol. Start by typing @TEAM_ to find most responsible teams): @TEAM_DigitalFab

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):
Pronterface will not load G-Code of item, even ones that have been 3D-Printed before. Error message says, for example, self.fgcode.prepare(open(filename,“rU”),
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u’/home/LMN/Downloads/Ray_Kurtis/Hex_Planter/CactusPot-01_export.gcode’

Please remember that VOLUNTEERS will be helping to resolve this issue. While everyone works very hard to fix things quickly, sometimes things take time. Please consider volunteering to help keep everything working well at our space!

Ok… Seems that I forgotten how to convert .stl files into .G-Code. I figured it out. Suggestion: can this be added into the current SOP for the 3-D Printer? I’ve done this in Cura, but I know that this can also be converted via Slic3r.

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: OK @jfahner , I was told by Brian that you wrote the preliminary SOP for the current 3D printer. Could we add the Conversion step as well?

Thanks for the reminder, Melody. I planned on finishing that part later but never got back to it. i will start writing the slicing component tonight.

1 Like

Great @jfahner . Thank you so very much! :smiley:

The SOP has now been updated to include slicing .stl’s to produce .gcode. I swapped it out at the space last night. Let me know if anything is unclear or needs improvement.

Thanks again, @jfahner , for updating the SOP. We’ll look it over.

This topic was automatically closed 6 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.