Laser Cutter issue

ISSUE or REQUEST:

Affected Tool or Resource:
Laser Cutter

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST
@TEAM_DigitalFab

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):
Laser cutter is jerking on x-axis and loosing track of its code or position. Getting stuck on x axis

Please remember that VOLUNTEERS will be helping to resolve this issue. While everyone works very hard to fix things quickly, sometimes things take time. Please consider volunteering to help keep everything working well at our space!

I’ll look into this tonight. I of course welcome co-looker-intoers.

Last night I did some quick engraving of outlines at fast speeds of a large image and cutting a small rectangle slower speed without any slippage. So not sure if the problem is cleared up or if the issue is conditional.

It was intermittent and what he was cutting was pretty slow speed. The x-axis rails are probably in need of a wipe down and coating in sewing machine oil as I don’t think we’ve done that since the last time @jody did it.

That’s my only guess. It was slow speed so I have my doubts as to that being the cause, could just be a gremlin.

Probably worth keeping an eye on (and anyone else who’s experienced it doing it, chime it for sure.)

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.