Horizontal bandsaw: usable but no auto-stop

ISSUE or REQUEST:

Affected Tool or Resource: Horizontal bandsaw in blacksmithing area

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please tag using the @ symbol. Start by typing @TEAM_ to find most responsible teams): @TEAM_Blacksmith

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):
The auto-stop switch on the horizontal bandsaw broke into pieces. It had been giving us trouble before, and finally gave out.

I removed the switch and will find a replacement. Without the switch. there are two choices: the power button starts the saw and latches on as usual, but does not stop once it cuts through, or the saw only operates while holding the switch on. I chose the second option. The saw is still usable, but you must stand there and keep the switch pressed.

I will find a suitable replacement switch, and also look at rebuilding the power box altogether, since it’s pretty corroded and nasty inside.

Please remember that VOLUNTEERS will be helping to resolve this issue. While everyone works very hard to fix things quickly, sometimes things take time. Please consider Volunteering to help keep everything working well in our makerspace!

If you need a hand with this please let me.know, I’ve repaired and maintained horizontal bandsaws for many years