Drum Sander Feed speed controller needs replacing

ISSUE or REQUEST:

Affected Tool or Resource: [Drum Sander]

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please tag using the @ symbol. Start by typing @TEAM_ to find most responsible teams): @TEAM_Woodshop

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):

A day later and the drum sander feed belt isn’t moving again. This time it looks like it could be a problem with the potentiometer. The drum turns on just fine, but the motor for the belt won’t turn on.

Please remember that VOLUNTEERS will be helping to resolve this issue. While everyone works very hard to fix things quickly, sometimes things take time. Please consider volunteering to help keep everything working well at our space!

Speed controller was ordered this weekend, and shipping info says it would be delivered today. But… it’s MLK day… so I’m going to guess the shipping info isn’t correct.

If it shows up I’ll try to get it dropped off, otherwise expect the part tomorrow. Also expect a few days for @mgrossbauer or @RealCarlRaymond to get it installed.

Mainly just wanted everyone to know that it’s indeed in the process of being repaired.

@mgrossbauer the part has arrived. I left it on the front tables with your name on it.

New controller was installed last night, but belt is still not working…additional troubleshooting is planned.

Closing this old topic as drum sander was decommissioned. Still looking at replacement options.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.