Hey @members (and everyone else),
I’m planning on continuing the space cleanup / expired tags cleanup this Saturday. I’d love help whereever I can get it.
Focus for this weekend will be:
- Culling wood storage and identifying expired tags
- Building of a sheet goods storage rack
- Further cleanout of the garage door area
- Building a cardboard/boxboard recycling center
Things that would be SUPER helpful if someone were able to tackle before if able:
- Collecting cardboard / boxboard and taking it to granger (or anywhere that takes cardboard) for recycling
I have an engagement to attend in the middle of the day, so I’ll be out for a while, but hopefully we can get some folks going and get some serious work done. Last weekend was awesome, but we would have been able to accomplish a lot more with more people, so please help us out if you can. (I know it’s the holiday season so schedules are often booked, so only moderate guilt intended.
Remember, the goal of all of this is to clear the space to move the machine shop over to where the big machines are, and to create an assembly area for the woodshop and give more room to the machines in the woodshop proper. So, this isn’t just a “cleaning for the sake of cleaning” exercise. We’re trying to make our makerspace more usable!