Continued makerspace cleanup -- Saturday 12/9 starting at 10:30am

Hey @members (and everyone else),

I’m planning on continuing the space cleanup / expired tags cleanup this Saturday. I’d love help whereever I can get it.

Focus for this weekend will be:

• Culling wood storage and identifying expired tags
  • Building of a sheet goods storage rack
  • Further cleanout of the garage door area
  • Building a cardboard/boxboard recycling center

Things that would be SUPER helpful if someone were able to tackle before if able:

• Collecting cardboard / boxboard and taking it to granger (or anywhere that takes cardboard) for recycling

I have an engagement to attend in the middle of the day, so I’ll be out for a while, but hopefully we can get some folks going and get some serious work done. Last weekend was awesome, but we would have been able to accomplish a lot more with more people, so please help us out if you can. (I know it’s the holiday season so schedules are often booked, so only moderate guilt intended. :smiley:

Remember, the goal of all of this is to clear the space to move the machine shop over to where the big machines are, and to create an assembly area for the woodshop and give more room to the machines in the woodshop proper. So, this isn’t just a “cleaning for the sake of cleaning” exercise. We’re trying to make our makerspace more usable!

I am happy to take the cardboard because my wonderful company has an
employee recycling center that accepts it. But do I just take it where I
find it or is it stored someplace already where I can grab it?

Excellent question (and one I meant to include in my post :slight_smile: )

There are a couple of boxes of cardboard / boxboard next to the garage door, a stack of broken down boxes as you walk towards the bathroom, and there’s a small stack next to the red post.

If I’m there before you pick it up, I’ll try to consolidate it all by the garage door to make it easier (or someone who’s at the space today can do that for super swell awesome bonus points (no cash value :wink: )!)

Cardboard has been consolidated and is next to the BBQ grill near the garage door. There are 2 boxes and a few large pieces.

EDIT: there is now a 3rd box.

1 Like

Is this still going to happen or will it be canceled due to snow. I was considering walking the two miles over there to participate.

brian.adams Board President
December 7 |

Hey @members (and everyone else),

I’m planning on continuing the space cleanup / expired tags cleanup this Saturday. I’d love help whereever I can get it.

Focus for this weekend will be:

• Culling wood storage and identifying expired tags
  • Building of a sheet goods storage rack
  • Further cleanout of the garage door area
  • Building a cardboard/boxboard recycling center

Things that would be SUPER helpful if someone were able to tackle before if able:

• Collecting cardboard / boxboard and taking it to granger (or anywhere that takes cardboard) for recycling

I have an engagement to attend in the middle of the day, so I’ll be out for a while, but hopefully we can get some folks going and get some serious work done. Last weekend was awesome, but we would have been able to accomplish a lot more with more people, so please help us out if you can. (I know it’s the holiday season so schedules are often booked, so only moderate guilt intended.

Remember, the goal of all of this is to clear the space to move the machine shop over to where the big machines are, and to create an assembly area for the woodshop and give more room to the machines in the woodshop proper. So, this isn’t just a “cleaning for the sake of cleaning” exercise. We’re trying to make our makerspace more usable!

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Lansing Makers Network, 2400 W. St Joseph STE F, Lansing, Michigan, 48912, United States, https://www.lansingmakersnetwork.org/
UNSUBSCRIBE

I do intend to still be there in the morning. Depending on how the roads are I may be slightly late, but still plan on getting as much done as I can.

Nobody else is here. What task should I be doing?