Cnc Z Axis not moving

ISSUE or REQUEST:

Affected Tool or Resource: [CNC]

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please tag using the @ symbol. Start by typing @TEAM_ to find most responsible teams): [@TEAM_Woodshop ]

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):
[the cnc z axis is not moving. I didn’t mess with it because I didn’t want to further throw it out of wack. The Y and X axis seem to be fine though]

Please remember that VOLUNTEERS will be helping to resolve this issue. While everyone works very hard to fix things quickly, sometimes things take time. Please consider Volunteering to help keep everything working well in our makerspace!

I’ll examine tomorrow night.

@RealCarlRaymond

Hey, I just wanted to follow up and see if you were able to get to this. No worries - just don’t want to head over to the space if not.

TIA

Not yet, but I’ll be in tonight and I’ll look at it after the checkout.

Sorry to keep you waiting!

The CNC machine is working again. It turned out to be a motor driver, not the motor. Fortunately there are spare drivers already in the box, so it was a matter of swapping some wires around. I gave it a test run and all seemed well.

Many thanks to @Rhett for doing most of work. I really just pointed the light while he turned all the screws.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.